Ways to give
Many young people struggle with societal barriers and face adversities such as mental health issues, family violence, identity issues or poor living conditions. Your donation will lead to healthy, thriving youth who can achieve more.
GIVE THE GIFT OF MENTORSHIP
What does it take to create a safe match?
- Extensive screening, interviews, training as well as regular follow up of the match to keep mentees feeling valued, respected and safe.
- Matches are chosen by compatibility, like personalities, preferences, location, common interests & hobbies.
What valuable experiences will youth gain?
- Mentors are often able to provide youth opportunities that may not have been possible without this relationship.
- Exposure, involvement & quality time spent in their mentor’s life builds valuable healthy relationships.
How are youth made to feel they belong?
- Mentees feel they are a part of something important and the relationships that they have with their mentors help them to feel important.
- Involvement in community through activities gives mentees the feeling of a part of something BIG.
- Mentees are more likely to volunteer and donate to charities in adulthood.
How do youth feel self worth?
- Mentees are made to feel important & valued; seeing their mentors on a regular basis promotes confidence to achieve more.
- Mentors create a safe space and encourage mentees to be themselves and follow their dreams to become whoever they want to be.
Bowl For Kids Sake
National Sponsorship of our premiere nation-wide fundraising event becomes available periodically. Sponsorship of our national event is a multi-year agreement.
Our Bowl campaign runs from February to March and directly reaches hundreds of thousands of participants each year, as well as potentially millions of Canadians through advertising reach.
Available sponsorships include an exclusive National Partner, and several smaller National Supporter titles.
Contact us to discuss.
Run Your Own Event
These events are organized by you or your community group (e.g. school groups, unions, or corporations) to help raise funds necessary for Big Brothers Big Sisters to operate and ensure that every child gains the confidence to achieve more through a mentoring relationship.
An event can be any activity by a non-affiliated group or individual. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada has no fiduciary responsibility and little or no staff involvement, however, we will support you and your event as much as possible to help it be a success. Event examples include: A “something”-a-thon, Raffles, Auctions, Parties, Video Game Fundraising Models – “something-for-kids-sake”.
Tribute & Memorial Gifts
At the next special occasion, honour a friend, mentor, or family member with a gift in their honour. If a loved one has recently passed, you can also make a gift to Big Brothers Big Sisters in their memory.
Loved ones or their family will receive a personalized note of the donation made in their honour and a tax receipt will be sent to you. Make a gift in honour of someone special online or contact us